2023 Sustainability Update: Responsible Use of Balloons
Where there are not currently programs to recycle or reuse certain product lines, Pioneer has been on the forefront of the public campaign to educate balloon artists and consumers about the responsible use of balloons. We have joined the voices to stop balloon releases and invested in programs to educate consumers and balloon artists with factual information about our products.
When handling balloons, always remember:
- Never release balloons into the atmosphere.
- Never inhale helium gas.
- Always use a balloon pump to inflate your balloons.
- Always secure helium-filled balloons with a weight.
- When you're done enjoying your balloons, cut the ends and properly dispose.
- Keep children safe when playing with balloons and dispose any deflated or popped balloons right away.
Our Stance on Balloon Releases
Pioneer Balloon Company has worked with others to implement an industry position against releasing any balloon into the environment. We stand with communities by encouraging that balloons be weighted, not released outdoors, and disposed of properly when broken or deflated.
Whether it's a single balloon or hundreds, don't let go.
Inflate. Weight. Enjoy.